Forum Index > Gear Talk > Electric Bikes
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Nov 23, 2023 12:30 am 
95 miles in three days. Kenmore to Ballard today. Don’t like the Burke Gilman trail, very bumpy, tree roots. The bike will give boost for 40 miles as claimed.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Nov 23, 2023 7:46 am 
The longest I've been able to stand, or should I say, sit, on my bike is 44 miles. I rode up to Conconully and back using a longer, less busy, back roads way. About a third of it was dirt/gravel. My battery was three years old at that point and I had 2 bars showing on it when done. I rode the shorter way when the bike was newer, I'm thinking it was 36 miles and all on pavement. According to the readout, I had half a battery left. Then I hauled my bike up to Conconully, unloaded it and rode up to Salmon Meadows, elevation 4500'. That trip used up half the battery in only 9 miles. I had to ride in Turbo most of the way, and was still getting a good workout. No battery anxiety on that one, it was downhill back to Conconully. Battery mileage varies.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Dec 10, 2023 8:56 am 
Hope these catch on and are affordable. Might be the answer for people who want to bikepack and tour off the grid. https://www.bicycling.com/news/a46064993/this-e-bike-doesnt-need-a-battery/?fbclid=IwAR0EZL6j-OFrVEf23e6kHbLCfytfCTLZuUwZxQ7LBUjdohKUMK1GXdQL44M

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
reststep

reststep
PostSun Dec 10, 2023 9:59 am 
That is really interesting. Here is a link to their website in English with translation provided by google translate. https://1-pi--pop-fr.translate.goog/?_x_tr_enc=1&_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
domaz

domaz
PostSun Dec 10, 2023 10:07 am 
Using a supercapacitor is a really good idea for typical urban around town biking. If you hoped this would work for helping you ride up some of the closed gravel roads around here like the West Side Road in MRNP you would be very disappointed. A supercapacitor's capacity isn't even comparable to a batteries capacity to store energy per gram.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Dec 10, 2023 11:59 am 
The price is reasonable for an ebike. I'll wait. My bettery is still working, and I am very happy with my ebike.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Dec 27, 2023 12:15 am 
More great 50 degree weather. Today I rode my bike from Kenmore Logboom park to Marymoor park in Redmond, and did some laps on the velodrome. It was a weekend crowd on the trail, lots of people enjoying the day, but I don’t mind slowing down for congestion, the electric motor helps me to speed back up. I rode at 15 mph, yet somehow it took me 3 1/2 hours to ride 30 miles. Must be that I stop at all my favorite parks, like Blythe, Wilmot Gateway, 60 Acre, Luke McRedmond, and various spots in Marymoor. I had to navigate some serious blowdown on the trail, but it was already being cut out on the way back.

RumiDude
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Jan 03, 2024 8:13 am 
I created a (good) monster. I gave my old Rad to a relative. She'd had a heart problem. When I arrived with the bike, her husband took it over. I did not include a saddle. He sat on the cargo rack behind the seat. I pointed out that the tires needed airing up a bit, he said, "later", and took off. Then the oldest boy climbed on with dad (still no saddle on the bike or air in tires) and they took off with big grins on faces. Mom finally came out with a seatpost and saddle. Those were installed and she took off and came back grinning. Littlest boy was then put on behind dad and began screaming in fear. They came back both laughing and happy. Air was put in the tires and it continued. It's been a few months. They purchased an ebike for the oldest boy and yeah, he probably could have stuck with his acoustic bike but that town is full of steep hills. Being a teenager, he is more into video games and computer stuff. The object is to get him to commute to school and elsewhere. The Rad has been accessorized, huge panniers are on itand a dog attachment is being used. This family is becoming bike people. The littlest boy who was not interested before the Rad arrived, now has his own acoustic bike and is riding supervised along with big brother and an adult. A trailer will likely be added. The heart rate of the mom is lowering, and fun is being had. They need some fun. Anyway, the latest report of The Rad Project makes me happy.

uww, Chief Joseph, runup, Bronco, reststep