Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > I hate Monroe traffic!!!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker
PostThu Mar 03, 2011 12:50 pm 
Actually it's at 2 or 3 now

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Mar 03, 2011 1:18 pm 
OMG, a highway sign showing the days between accidents is not 100% accurate at all times. eek.gif I say hang the b*stards responsible! mad.gif Torches and pitchforks to the front of the mob! embarassedlaugh.gif That sign must have cost at least 1/100th of a penny per resident of the state. Give me back my 1/100th of a penny you b*stards! Oh, wait, the sign is accurate now? doh.gif Never mind. dizzy.gif

GeoHiker
Rocky Walker

GeoHiker
Rocky Walker
PostThu Mar 03, 2011 6:37 pm 
Depends on what sign you are looking at I guess. huh.gif I think there are 3-4? The one near Snohomish was at 190 some thing 4 days ago. So maybe it's the area between signs? Time to get Jessie! I know after reading this post I pay much more attention to them. lol.gif I've dropped my average speed down from 100 mph to a reasonable 75. With so many days between bad accidents I feel much safer now....... hockeygrin.gif Edit: I see here New Electronic Signs They only cost $12,000 each, so I feel much better the State is putting it to good use. How about taking that $24,000 and putting up some jersey barriers, so people don't head on at the traditional death spots. Turn back those signs to zero every week or so and really make a statement WSP!......smile.gif

You call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye......Eagles
Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker
PostThu Mar 03, 2011 8:40 pm 
Yea the one out of Snohomish towards Monroe said 1 a couple days ago.

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostFri Mar 04, 2011 12:20 am 
There was another accident actually. I'm thinking perhaps an accident resulting in death is the only thing that warrants "serious" and there was debate and the sign got change back only for someone to kill themselves days later. I think you nailed it Sluggo.

GeoHiker
Rocky Walker

GeoHiker
Rocky Walker
PostFri Mar 04, 2011 12:36 am 
That's good to know they are doing their job. As SM suggests, it really doesn't matter in the scheme of things if you don't care about people dieing. It's just an annoyance when you have a slow down on 2 I get that. Long live the sign!......smile.gif

You call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye......Eagles
Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker
PostFri Mar 04, 2011 6:12 am 
Well I guess thing to say is get used to it because it's probably not going to change. Roundabout or stop light their is alway going to be traffic back up everyday. I have just learned to live with it everyday so it's more of an expectant than figuring it never happens so plan accordingly.

tmatlack

tmatlack
PostFri Jul 05, 2013 3:08 am 
Rahrahrah! On July 4, 2013, headed west on US2 at 3:07 pm, I hit every green light in Monroe except Fryelands. Seriously...took 2-3 minutes to get from east edge to fairgrounds. Maybe I'll move there! NNNNOOOOOOTTTTT. Happy Tom

Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker
PostFri Jul 05, 2013 5:21 am 
No stay where you are at, you wouldn't like it here in the valley

Badger

Badger
PostMon Jul 08, 2013 10:06 pm 
Monroe traffic....gggrrrrrrrrr Haven't read thread cause I am sure it will do naught but raise the old BP. Several years ago as I approached Monroe from Sultan I- and many others, were ordered to turn around and go back to Sultan and use the back roads. There was a gas leak in town. At the time I saw cars all over the roads past the light and thought - huh? huh.gif No Emergency vehicles to be seen anywhere. But we followed the Officers orders and turned around. Many miles later the road they sent us on came out at the Fred Meijer store at the opposite end of town- right at the $#@!%!#$!$# gas leak. Emergency vehicles everywhere and these officers directed us to drive right by it. WTH... I looked back into town and traffic was normal. Turned left and went thru town out of curiosity and yep- they were still turning people around at the opposite end of town. So these dip shoes made us drive all the way around to put us right next to the gas main leak. Complete and utter idiots.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Jul 08, 2013 11:08 pm 
I agree, it's too bad that towns such has Monroe cannot foresee the population expansion and implement a bypass.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Stop Insultan!

Stop Insultan!
PostMon Jul 08, 2013 11:15 pm 
The truth is, the slow traffic gives one a good opportunity to hop out of the car and grab a doughnut or roastbeef sandwich at the Sultan Bakery, or to wolf down a macho burrito at Mi Tierra in Monroe. The glass is half full, nay, more than half full! hungry.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Jul 09, 2013 7:34 am 
What's traffic? Move to Eastern Washington. Problem solved!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Schroder

Schroder
PostTue Jul 09, 2013 8:10 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
I agree, it's too bad that towns such has Monroe cannot foresee the population expansion and implement a bypass.
There was a bypass planned for the past 50 years on the north side of town.

Daryl
Big Shot Economist

Daryl
Big Shot Economist
PostTue Jul 09, 2013 11:37 am 
Stop Insultan! wrote:
The truth is, the slow traffic gives one a good opportunity to hop out of the car and grab a doughnut or roastbeef sandwich at the Sultan Bakery, or to wolf down a macho burrito at Mi Tierra in Monroe. The glass is half full, nay, more than half full!
And that is exactly why they won't do a bypass and haven't done anything to improve flow...