Forum Index > Trail Talk > kiger gorge ...
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
idoru

idoru
PostFri Dec 01, 2023 8:54 am 
Sculpin wrote:
I certainly don't agree with everything EnoughAlready wrote, but it is a perfectly reasonable post.
Eeeehhhhh, maybe? The sentiment is somewhat reasonable, though I don't necessarily share the view, but it still seems a tad odd to me to bump an eleven year-old thread to make that fairly off-topic rant. Even odder is that three of that user's four posts are anti-Steens turbine screeds, and this is the only time they've posted since 2014. And if this was resolved in 2017, why bump it to rant about it six years after the fact? That said, I had no idea that the Kiger Gorge was a thing, and after reading through this thread and a few other resources briefly just now, I'm adding this area to the short list! So I appreciate the thread bump.

fourteen410
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sculpin

Sculpin
PostFri Dec 01, 2023 1:59 pm 
idoru wrote:
it still seems a tad odd to me to bump an eleven year-old thread to make that fairly off-topic rant
I missed the thread bump, and I concede your point. rolleyes.gif

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
Dick B

Dick B
PostSat Dec 02, 2023 1:24 pm 
Several years ago, a friend and I spent some time in the Steens. We camped at the Page Springs CG just outside of French Glen. I took a number of pictures on that occasion and will post some if I can find them. I hope you enjoy them more than hearing opinions, including mine, about wind farms in the area. If you ever find some time traveling thru that part of the country, make sure you do the Steens Mtn Loop road. The canyons you will see will knock your socks off. Hike them if you can.

idoru
Lazyhiker

Lazyhiker
PostSun Dec 03, 2023 12:56 pm 
idoru wrote:
Eeeehhhhh, maybe? The sentiment is somewhat reasonable, though I don't necessarily share the view, but it still seems a tad odd to me to bump an eleven year-old thread to make that fairly off-topic rant. Even odder is that three of that user's four posts are anti-Steens turbine screeds, and this is the only time they've posted since 2014. And if this was resolved in 2017, why bump it to rant about it six years after the fact? That said, I had no idea that the Kiger Gorge was a thing, and after reading through this thread and a few other resources briefly just now, I'm adding this area to the short list! So I appreciate the thread bump.
Kiger gorge
Donner and Blitzen gorge

idoru