Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > UW football
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Now I Fly

Now I Fly
PostSat Nov 11, 2023 7:45 pm 
Gosh Tom, I'd have to disagree. The Utes are well coached, and the Dawgs clearly struggled in the first half, but made adjustments, and it showed in the second half. I listened on the radio, as I raked leaves, and was thoroughly fired up and entertained. 10-0 sounds pretty good. Cheers B! (aka, always the homer. smile.gif) ps Go Ducks!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Nov 12, 2023 5:52 pm 
Yeah, the D was laughably bad again the first half, then pitched a shutout after halftime. This team is hard to figure. Penix still just doesn't look like the same guy he was the first half of the season. They keep winning though. Next week is gonna be tough. Oregon St. has a solid D, a mobile QB who can throw the ball downfield, and a great ground game. I expect Martinez to run for 200+ yards on them. Game is in Corvallis, Beavs are gonna be fired up for this one.

Now I Fly
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Nov 18, 2023 9:44 pm 
Well they did it again. 22-10 lead at the half in a rainstorm in Corvallis. Offense barely touched the ball in the second half, but they held on for 22-20 win. Clinched a spot in the conference championship game. This game was a flip flop of most of the year. The defense was pretty stout and the offense had troubles.

Now I Fly

Now I Fly
PostMon Nov 20, 2023 12:22 pm 
The AP flipped Washington with Florida State, so the Dawgs are now in fourth place in the National rankings. Apple Cups going to be huge this year!

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Nov 25, 2023 6:54 pm 
Well, they almost choked the Apple cup. Very gutsy call to go for it on fourth down. Good game by the Cougars, they almost pulled off the upset. If the Huskies somehow beat Oregon in the Pac 12 championship, I just don't know how they compete in the playoff. They are not playing like the fourth best team in the country.

runup
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Nov 25, 2023 8:42 pm 
What a mail biter! I rarely watch college football but glad I did and Michigan-Ohio st game too. They were lucky to hold on, especially with their QB’s two questionable throws on the last series that were nearly picked, then the sack could have been avoided. I don’t see him as a Heisman winner.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Nov 25, 2023 9:13 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
I don’t see him as a Heisman winner.
I think he played his way out of the conversation a while ago. Actually I think somebody kidnapped the real Penix and replaced him with a doppleganger about the middle of the season. He just seems off pretty much every week.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 01, 2023 9:08 pm 
4th quarter of the Pac 12 Championship game. Dawgs dominated the first half, but should've been up by a lot more than 20-10. Oregon seized momentum in 3rd quarter, 21 unanswered points gave them a 24-20 lead. UW finally answered, up 27-24 w/ about 12 minutes left. I was watching but had to turn it off. McMillan is playing and making an impact for the first time since about week 3 or 4. They really missed having him as another big target along w/ Odunze and Polk (who has pretty much disappeared himself the last several games).

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 01, 2023 9:33 pm 
Dawgs got a stop, then a long drive and score to go up 10 with a bit under 3 minutes left. Pretty safe, right? Not when you give up a TD 30 seconds later.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 01, 2023 9:46 pm 
Dawgs grind out the clock after Oregon onside kick. Had a penalty that made it 1st and 20 around midfield. Managed to pick up the first down on 3rd and 9. Man this team seems to make every game very interesting, but you can't take away 13-0 and going to the CFP.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Dec 01, 2023 9:46 pm 
Yeah, that was a head scratcher giving up the quick TD but congrats on winning a hard fought game. They came to play tonight!

Now I Fly

Now I Fly
PostFri Dec 01, 2023 10:00 pm 
A Classic! party.gif

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostFri Dec 01, 2023 10:21 pm 
WOW! I thought the Ducks would win, based on how they had been playing the last month. Happy to be proven wrong. smile.gif

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
FiveNines

FiveNines
PostFri Dec 01, 2023 11:40 pm 
Lots of fun games to watch this season. Sad to see the end of the PAC10. Good to see Huskies win last ever conference game. Hope they get to play Michigan in the Rose Bowl next. A fitting end to an old-time era.

Chief Joseph, flatsqwerl, Now I Fly
ale_capone

ale_capone
PostSat Dec 02, 2023 10:18 am 
I'd rather see michigan Florida in the rose bowl, and huskies vs wolverines for the championship game. I think uw can beat Georgia. *25+ year big house season ticket holder. Im just here for your signs.