Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Find a place in your heart to pick up litter!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Leafguy

Leafguy
PostFri Oct 06, 2023 7:24 pm 
All of this in less than a sq. yd. area. Some of it was pretty old and right near a path the elk take getting to the water. Didn't have a bigger bag to hunt for more. frown.gif

RichP
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostMon Oct 09, 2023 9:34 am 
Kim Brown wrote:
Cyclopath wrote:
Be the change you wish to see in the world!
embarassedlaugh.gif Right. I'm not about to clean up the entire Northgate Park & Ride; it requires trucks, lots of help, haz mat gear, and Metro payroll.
Who said the entire parking lot?

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Oct 21, 2023 5:26 am 
I bought a magnet and have done just a little bit of magnet fishing. We are disgustingly clean over here (so far). I got zip at the boat launch at Steamboat SP. Nada. Not even a bottle cap. My friends refused to throw their keys in so I could see if I could get the keys. Some friends! Tried the river here, but I think it scours everything away. Pearrygin Lake was more productive, but no guns and knives. I picked up quite a few fish hooks (got stabbed) bait jar lids, and one waste basket by throwing out from a fishing dock. Have picked up garbage in the woods for years. Elk season is coming up and leaving carpet used under tents is popular. That's very hard to pick up because it usually stays until late spring and is very soggy and heavy by then. The last one I hauled was loaded in my pickup by an excavator that was working nearby, and took three people to wrassle it out into a dumpster. I have noticed that our town gets trashed at the first of the month.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities

Gil
RichP

RichP
PostSat Oct 21, 2023 7:12 am 
treeswarper wrote:
Elk season is coming up and leaving carpet used under tents is popular.
I came across a rotting roll of carpet years ago in The William O miles from nowhere. I couldn't figure this out, but mystery solved.

kiliki

kiliki
PostSat Oct 21, 2023 9:07 am 
Kim Brown wrote:
kiliki wrote:
6 million pounds picked up the first half of this year. Why are we more littered than the average state??
Just look around this city alone. Garbage everywhere. So many people don't care about their yards and allow garbage to pile up along the curbs, bus stops are trashed, traffic islands are weedlots with trash in them, Northgate Park & Ride is practically a health hazard of a dump (urine-soaked wet sleeping bags, underwear filled with human dung, pools of barf, half-eaten hamburgers, etc. This is not an exaggeration)., the land on each side of the freeways and center are trash, dead or dying shrubs and burnt trees, the branches full of garbage. And that's just this city. Yeah, I believe this article. Unfortunately.
I know but why? I grew up here and it wasn't this bad until Covid. Sure everyone stopped picking up litter then but why is our state littering more than others all of a sudden? Don't forget you can use Find it Fix it to report litter. They'll forward it to the right agency. I've had good luck with it.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat Oct 21, 2023 10:06 am 
kiliki wrote:
I know but why?
Because this is everybody has this attitude:
Kim Brown wrote:
embarassedlaugh.gif Right. I'm not about to clean up the entire Northgate Park & Ride; it requires trucks, lots of help, haz mat gear, and Metro payroll.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Nov 10, 2023 12:31 pm 
June 14th, near Gasworks park.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Nov 10, 2023 12:38 pm 
Wed Nov 8th 2023 The majority was pulled up from the bottom. Cans and bottles usually filled with nasty smelly mud. It took me over three hours to find and recover these items.

Kascadia, RichP