Author     Message
AA+
borank
Lake dork

borank
Lake dork
PostTue Nov 02, 2021 7:05 am 
Trailhead wrote:
A comedy of errors against an elite team.

Also, don't forget the part where the Seahawks followed the league's concussion protocol and took DE Cliff Avril out of the game allowing the Pats to come back from 10 pts down, while the Pats violated the concussion protocol with WR Julius Edelman, who played a significant part in the comeback and caught the eventual game winning TD.

GaliWalker
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012
PostFri Nov 05, 2021 12:26 am 
Tom wrote:
How accurate was your SB prediction the previous year? hmmm.gif

Good to see the Rams mortgaging the future.

I believe this was intended for me. 🙄 Thanks for asking.

For the Broncos 7th Superbowl appearance, my hopes were dim knowing that Denver was missing 11 starters in a game to be played outdoors on a cold night in NYC. Didn't make a prediction. No party. Fell asleep at halftime 😴
Dominant game by the Seahawks and I'm happy the fans finally got to witness the magic of winning a SB once in their lifetime. Back to back would have been better.

BTW, it didn't look very promising for Denver's  8th Superbowl appearance either, especially after watching the Panthers go up 31-0 at halftime against the L.O.B. Even though the Broncos manhandled the Pats, the reigning champs, I was the only one at the watch party who picked the Broncos to win their 3rd Superbowl! Great game and had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Won the pot and my nephew had to wash my truck!

Broncos are a class act and made a smart move to get value for Von Miller before his upcoming free agency. They truly wanted to him to go to a contender. Miller landed in the Rams lap and they would have been stupid not to give up 2 futures or let him go to another NFC team. It's a win now at all costs league, especially with TB12 still playing. The trade was a win win win for the Broncos, Miller and the Rams.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Nov 25, 2021 1:42 pm 
So baring a total miracle there will be no playoffs for the Hawks this year.

Imo, it's time for a nearly total rebuild. For sure Pete needs to go, too bad he is under contract until 2025. If Pete doesn't go then I think Wilson will demand a trade, and who could blame him?

But, realistically, I think it would be in the teams best interest to trade Wilson if they can work a deal that he agrees too and that has a good return. One thing for sure, they need to STOP trading away top draft pics and START drafting offensive linemen. For crying out loud, with their highest pick in the last draft (2nd round) they picked a frickin' wide receiver.

I understand their 'logic' of drafting the best player available, but for crying out loud, how about addressing the teams most pressing needs?

--------------
Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.