Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > What is happiness?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Lookout Sue
Daydream Believer

Lookout Sue
Daydream Believer
PostWed Mar 01, 2006 3:35 pm 
------ Wow, really! Happiness is............SWEEEEET EMOOOOOOOOOOTION rockband.gif banana.gif http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happiness ---------

---------------------
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostWed Mar 01, 2006 3:57 pm 
Mike E. you're talking about normative behavior - of course people who have bad things happen to them can still look at it in a healty light. My comment regarding people getting their jollies by making others miserable and those who seem happy no matter what are describing people that are not normal. The scathing ragged bitch at the office who delights in making others cringe, or the blithering, happy nut on the bus. The bitch may very well be completely happy doing what she does. To normal people, she's a miserable nut. To her, she's no more healthy in the head that the happy idiot on the bus is. There are as many different types of happiness as there are people on earth; and no one is completely right, and no one is completely wrong, including you and including me. Frankly, I see no major controversies in anything anyone has posted on this thread; therefore, I am bored.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
l

l
PostWed Mar 01, 2006 4:07 pm 
Quark wrote:
Frankly, I see no major controversies in anything anyone has posted on this thread; therefore, I am bored.
Hey Mike, maybe you're onto something, afterall. No wait, I just got a load of your avatar. It's back to the dark side for me.

Stefan

Stefan
PostWed Mar 01, 2006 4:40 pm 
RayD wrote:
fast women, easy horses, loose money.
Ummmm.....do you live in Enumclaw?

Art is an adventure.
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostWed Mar 01, 2006 4:58 pm 
Shacknasty Jim wrote:
Quark wrote:
Frankly, I see no major controversies in anything anyone has posted on this thread; therefore, I am bored.
Hey Mike, maybe you're onto something, afterall.
I said I was bored, not unhappy!

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Mike E.

Mike E.
PostWed Mar 01, 2006 5:26 pm 
Quark wrote:
The scathing ragged bitch at the office who delights in making others cringe, or the blithering, happy nut on the bus. The bitch may very well be completely happy doing what she does. There are as many different types of happiness as there are people on earth; and no one is completely right, and no one is completely wrong, including you and including me. Frankly, I see no major controversies in anything anyone has posted on this thread; therefore, I am bored.
Quark, Shoot the bitch and then admit that I am always right ! That'll make us both happy and admitting that I am always right will give you some light controversy to dwell on. I'm sure that you will give this last comment all of the thought that it deserves and please... don't hold back if you feel that I am in error, (you will have a LOT of company !). horsey.gif Shacknasty, No, not Italian, just like cannoli ! My ex-wife is Italian though. Man can those people cook !

Justan

Justan
PostSat Mar 11, 2006 9:29 am 
Thanks all for the comments. According to the notes on this thread happiness is family having a good job believing in the goodness of life something within a perception a 13 part plan sex material things a by-product of creation a pet alcohol something that one possesses or doesn’t making other people miserable lack of attachments a sweet emotion While all of these are indeed happiness, what part of the pursuit of happiness does anyone follow? Is the pursuit of happiness important to your daily activities or is it something reserved for special occasions?

-Justan Elk