Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Al Gore on SNL
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Spotly

Spotly
PostThu May 18, 2006 5:57 am 
Slugman wrote:
..it definitely was not so completely one-sided as you are claiming...
After listening to it again, I'll give in on that. Here's an extra 5 seconds.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Dane
Other

Dane
Other
PostThu May 18, 2006 6:48 am 
you got a problem with posts threads that are vaguely political? then don't read em! sheesh.

Without judgement what would we do? We would be forced to look at ourselves... -Death
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Spotly

Spotly
PostThu May 18, 2006 9:02 am 
Dane wrote:
you got a problem with posts threads that are vaguely political? then don't read em! sheesh.
Actually, if you read my comments, I don't believe that I said I "have a problem" with the post. But let me dumb down my comment a bit to make it clearer. Calling a political post by anything other than what it is, does not make it the thing that you are calling it. This is my forum as well and I'll read what I want and post my opinions too. You have have placed the "anger and outrage" ("you got a problem?" actually) attribute on me and are way off-base. It's an o-p-i-n-i-o-n.........sheesh. If anyone has any doubts about it being a political post by the way, just look at the comments. Those who tend to lean left (based on previous posts) think this post is ok. Those who tend to lean right don't. I don't lean either way but simply want this duck to be called a duck.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostThu May 18, 2006 9:28 am 
a politician does a political bit on politics using political points... but it's not political of course not.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Gil

Gil
PostThu May 18, 2006 10:08 am 
Mountain Goat and BPJ are usually on opposite ends of political arguments from me, and I thought Gore was hilarious, but I have to agree with them -- it's political and probably inappropriate for this forum, as I understand it.

Friends help the miles go easier. Klahini
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostThu May 18, 2006 10:18 am 
it is hilarious.. and it is political

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Dane
Other

Dane
Other
PostThu May 18, 2006 1:43 pm 
Spotly wrote:
Dane wrote:
Actually, if you read my comments, I don't believe that I said I "have a problem" with the post. But let me dumb down my comment a bit to make it clearer. Calling a political post by anything other than what it is, does not make it the thing that you are calling it. This is my forum as well and I'll read what I want and post my opinions too. You have have placed the "anger and outrage" ("you got a problem?" actually) attribute on me and are way off-base. It's an o-p-i-n-i-o-n.........sheesh. If anyone has any doubts about it being a political post by the way, just look at the comments. Those who tend to lean left (based on previous posts) think this post is ok. Those who tend to lean right don't. I don't lean either way but simply want this duck to be called a duck.
I wasn't responding to you spotly but thanks for dumbing down your post for me, I don't have your book learnin' smarts eyes.gif ykm.gif

Without judgement what would we do? We would be forced to look at ourselves... -Death
Spotly

Spotly
PostThu May 18, 2006 1:54 pm 
Dane wrote:
I wasn't responding to you spotly but thanks for dumbing down your post for me, I don't have your book learnin' smarts eyes.gif ykm.gif
Oh. Well, never mind then. Sorry.

SlowWalker
Perma-grinner

SlowWalker
Perma-grinner
PostThu May 18, 2006 2:15 pm 
gaeger wrote:
Mountain Goat and BPJ are usually on opposite ends of political arguments from me, and I thought Gore was hilarious, but I have to agree with them -- it's political and probably inappropriate for this forum, as I understand it.
Spotly wrote:
Providing a link to someone discussing politics (jokes or other) is no different than discussing politics. I listened to this and didn't see anything the least bit "balanced" about it.... <snip> We can put cute little emoticons to indicate that anyone who thinks this is a potitical post must be an idiot or too sensitive, but that's like spraying a dog turd with air freshener - it's still a turd.
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Goat is right. There is nothing "funny" about Al Gore. There is nothing not political about Al Gore. Take it to the DC!
So you guys want me to delete this thread? Would that change the reality we find ourselves with in 2006? I am really surprised that this has generated debate. I didn't consider it a political post in the least, and therefore did not think twice about whether or not it was appropriate for this forum. The sketch is clearly political, but by posting a link to a comedy sketch, I didn't, and still don't, think it deserves controversy. I even stated that the link was to a video of Al Gore's SNL appearance. At that point you had a good idea of what to expect, and if you knew you don't like what Al Gore has to say then why bother watching it and responding about it? Debating and commentating on the content of his sketch is what would be inappropriate for this forum, IMHO. I honestly think that if someone is taking Al Gore's comedy sketch personally and being offended by it, then they must be feeling guilty about the performance of our President. Maybe they should deal with their own guilt! "Laughter gives us distance. It allows us to step back from an event, deal with it and then move on. " -- Bob Newhart "The more you find out about the world, the more opportunities there are to laugh at it." -- Bill Nye

Dane
Other

Dane
Other
PostThu May 18, 2006 2:20 pm 
SlowWalker wrote:
"The more you find out about the world, the more opportunities there are to laugh at it." -- Bill Nye
hahahaha! good stuff no hard feelings spotly...I should have worded my post better, but I don't have time for that in my morning forum dash.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu May 18, 2006 2:28 pm 
Quote:
I am really surprised that this has generated debate. I didn't consider it a political post in the least, and therefore did not think twice about whether or not it was appropriate for this forum.
Quote:
I honestly think that if someone is taking Al Gore's comedy sketch personally and being offended by it, then they must be feeling guilty about the performance of our President. Maybe they should deal with their own guilt!
Unfortunately your second statement is a political jab. How is someone supposed to reply to that? That's what these "innocent" posts ultimately lead to, and why politics are off limits.