Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > New Thread About Thread Drift
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool

Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool
PostFri Sep 08, 2006 1:32 pm 
I think people are reading way too much into this where intentions may be concerned and it's not really helping the situation any. Thread drift has has been a integral part of this forum (right or wrong) and it's often used to diffuse otherwise volatile or tedious topics, often with humor, which is not necessarily a bad thing is it? Either way, the law has been layed down, let's abide by it and get on with life.

Honey Badger Don't Care!
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Hikes with dogs
always well behaved

Hikes with dogs
always well behaved
PostFri Sep 08, 2006 1:58 pm 
Hey! No tars and feathers for ML!!! horsey.gif She's one of my favorite characters in this soap!!! Really, if you pay attention to the number of viewers vs. the number of posters...that's what it is!!! Anyway, what's done is done and there's no sense in making more headaches for the moderators or for ML!!! We're in the saloon now...let's all drink.gif

guns don't watch your back... our dogs have shown us the way out when we were lost...AND kept us warm... for us its ALWAYS a two dog night!
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Blue Dome
Now with Retsyn

Blue Dome
Now with Retsyn
PostFri Sep 08, 2006 10:01 pm 
marylou wrote:
I think it's a pretty unfortunate moment in the history of this forum when the mods decide to do something like this... Mods, nothing personal, but you're dead wrong on this.
You and I certainly don’t agree on everything, but we're in full agreement here. I applaud Tazz for having the intellectual honesty to leave my posts intact, but the manipulation of the original thread was still wrong — and now one of my posts is initiating this new thread? huh.gif

“I never give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell.” — Harry S. Truman
Blue Dome
Now with Retsyn

Blue Dome
Now with Retsyn
PostFri Sep 08, 2006 10:18 pm 
kleet wrote:
Nothing to see here, folks, move along.
Clearly this is trolling and a thread drift violation. Where's the "Thread Drift Purge" button? up.gif

“I never give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell.” — Harry S. Truman
Tazz

Tazz
PostFri Sep 08, 2006 10:47 pm 
BD read this and move on!

Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostFri Sep 08, 2006 10:49 pm 
'Allo mates, no worries. I archive every single post on a memory stick, so I can enjoy the wonderful discussions here. It's fun to go back an re-read all the fascinating things people repeat ad naseum infinitum! The signal to noise ratio is, like, totally awesome! up.gif

l

l
PostFri Sep 08, 2006 11:13 pm 
By any rational assessment of the moderators on this forum, they are honest, fair people. And they volunteer their time to keep this forum running. I admit up front I don't care much for the gun talk but they have deemed it a legitimate topic for discussion and I'll respect their decision. To deliberately sabotage any gun thread because you don't like the subject matter is quite different than the usual thread drift. Any who participated know that. If you dislike a certain topic and the moderators don't consider it offensive or disruptive, just move on. Free speech works both ways.

peppersteak'n'ale

peppersteak'n'ale
PostFri Sep 08, 2006 11:15 pm 
The funny thing is, I never pay any attention to these threads until there's some controversy battlecage.gif , then they are deleted and I wonder "what happened?" huh.gif I always take the position of "if you don't like it, read something else" nerd.gif Bring on more trip reports, I say cool.gif JenJen's comment about "booze posts" is right on the mark, and I think it is completely in their right to delete them, as funny as they seem at the time (even when I'm a participant - sorry mods souse.gif ) I am, however, a proponent of free speech and do take offense whenever a post or thread is deleted due to specific content, whether I'm interested in the subject or not.