Forum Index > Partners > Sierra High Route 2024
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Mystic360

Mystic360
PostWed Oct 25, 2023 5:49 pm 
Hey there, I'm looking for a partner for SHR in '24. It would be the Roper route out of Kings Canyon. Planning on one resupply. Really looking for someone who already has this trip in the queue. Basics: NoBo Early September 12 Days planning (not including zeros) Let me know. Cheers, Mark

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostMon Oct 30, 2023 9:02 am 
I might be interested. It's always been something I've wanted to do but I wasn't sure if I'd ever be able to find the partners for it so I never seriously considered it. So I can't say it's in the queue, but I do own the book smile.gif

larrylittle54@gmail.com

larrylittle54@gmail.com
PostFri Dec 22, 2023 9:13 am 
Hey, did most of the route back in the mid 80s just after the book was published. Looking at going in again next summer, be turning 70 so might be a bit slower. We went in with 16-18 days of food. I lost so much weight that my sorry excuse for a frameless pack (then high end) was just a bag with no waist support. Anyway…. what are your resupply plans? If my wife and I go in we’re planning on ~ 2 weeks and I’d love to have 2 or better 3. Any thoughts? Thanks

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Dec 22, 2023 9:13 pm 
One thing to note is that the cairns have been removed since the 80’s. A few choke points now require more exploration.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Mystic360

Mystic360
PostWed Jan 03, 2024 9:10 am 
Happy New Year. Apologies for the delayed reply to earlier messages. I'm still looking for a partner. There are so many details to communicate it's easy to go down a rabbit hole here. Again, I'm planning on 12 NB on-route days - average 17 miles/day. Planning on banking the JMT miles understanding that off-trail will be slower. This schedule puts me into Red's Meadow for resupply end of day 7 for a potential zero. In this case I'm really sensitive to food carry weight and don't want to lengthen the days as such. Let me know.

Waterman

Waterman
PostThu Jan 04, 2024 5:48 am 
Thanks for bringing this route to my attention. Ater reading route descriptions it looks like a fun project. A friend from the 80's was always raving about kings canyon area, time to find out.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost