Forum Index > Partners > Trailhead shuttle service/ride share options
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
VT Steve

VT Steve
PostSat Feb 24, 2024 11:53 am 
Looking for advice on trailhead transport options for an upcoming trip for me and two others flying in from the east coast. Any input on how to get from SEA to Hannegan Trailhead, then from Chelan back to SEA would be gratefully received. Got a quote from an outfit near Seattle but they want well over $600 for a ride to Hannegan and $700 for the ride back from Chelan. Not in the budget. Hoping there might be a ride board resource for hikers that this community is aware of....or other ideas? If any of you have your sights set on Vermont's Long trail, I'd happily swap trailhead transport services in VT for trailhead transport in WA. Cheers!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
FiveNines

FiveNines
PostSat Feb 24, 2024 2:49 pm 
It's possible, though probably not convenient, to get yourself from Chelan to Seattle. Public bus route from Chelan to downtown Wenatchee. Then Amtrak to Seattle. This would probably require overnight stay in Wenatchee? Link to bus schedule: Chelan / Wenatchee https://www.linktransit.com/routes_and_schedules/intercity_routes/route_21_wenatchee_to_manson_via_entiat.php eta It's also possible to public transit to Leavenworth, using the transfer portal. Olds Station terminal is the spot. Amtrak station is a mile or 2 outside of downtown der Town. link to bus schedule Leavenworth Wenatchee https://www.linktransit.com/routes_and_schedules/intercity_routes/route_22_wenatchee_to_leavenworth.php

canadug

canadug
PostSat Feb 24, 2024 3:30 pm 
There are a number of Facebook pages for WA state with a few focused on the Cascades......Your best bet may be looking at one of them.

Waterman

Waterman
PostSat Feb 24, 2024 4:22 pm 
Willing to drop you at Hannigan. Easy enough to do. Check your PM

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

SpookyKite89
dave allyn

dave allyn
PostSat Feb 24, 2024 9:33 pm 
Free bus from Chelan to Wenatchee. There is a shuttle service that makes many trips a day to Seattle.

dave allyn

dave allyn
PostSat Feb 24, 2024 9:41 pm 
P.S. Wenatchee Valley Shuttle. They have a website with fares and schedules. It's the most convenient way for me to get from here to SeaTac and reasonably priced.

VT Steve

VT Steve
PostSat Feb 24, 2024 10:38 pm 
Thanks!

kiliki

kiliki
PostWed Feb 28, 2024 11:24 am 
Sounds like you may have found a volunteer but if not, you could fly into Bellingham and look for a shuttle from there. That would be a lot closer. Flying into Everett (PAE) would also get you somewhat closer. If you must fly into Seatac for some reason there's also Amtrak up to Bellingham, though I'd probably just pay for the shuttle rather than go Seatac>light rail>amtrak>shuttle or ride. Give that it's a 6.5 hour round trip drive to the trailhead from Seatac, more if there's traffic on I-5, which is common; plus gas; plus it includes a section of USFS road that could be rough, $600 is not actually an unreasonable price.

mike

mike
PostWed Feb 28, 2024 12:55 pm 
Belair Shuttle is easiest from SEA to B'ham tho not cheap. Another option is go to Stehekin and take the shuttle to the end of the road and hike over the pass. I've been able to hitch a ride from the parking lot.

Eric Hansen

Eric Hansen
PostTue Mar 12, 2024 10:29 pm 
+1 on Bellair Shuttle. I've taken it from Seatac to B'ham many times, then renting a car there. Car rentals at B'ham tend to be much more reasonable than Seatac.

Off trail rambler