Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Shallow theory on the hotness women in the outdoors
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Brain
Hates whining

Brain
Hates whining
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 4:43 pm 
My friend and I have this theory that women in the outdoors automatically jump up about 3-4 points on the ratings scale just because they're out there. So if I see a woman that would probably be a 7 in the city (7 is attractive) up high on a trail or mountain, she is now a 10+. Hiking in a sports bra adds another point. I do, however, have to guess as to what the particular woman's city rating would be because the vision of them in the wilderness definitely clouds my judgement. Sorry if this makes me a caveman, but I'm truly convinced that there is nothing hotter than a woman in the wilderness.

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds." Doc Holiday (Val Kilmer) in Tombstone
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
sten

sten
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 4:57 pm 
That's ok. We think guys in the wilderness are pretty cool too. Especially if they know how to change the oil in the car, fix the roof, fix the washing machine (& how to use it), know which end of a vacumm to point at dirt, can mow the lawn, wash dishes, cook more than sloppy joes, brew beer, knows which fork to use for the salad, and ain't always looking at us to cook dinner after a hard day's hike in the wilderness (or hard days work in the office). Now that's friggin' hot!

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 5:09 pm 
I came to this same conclusion the last time I was up on Heliotrope Ridge. There were several women coming down off the mountain and it was kind of a thrill...don't know whether it was the plastics, or the big old packs they were carrying, or what, but I recognized that something about the fact that they were out there, tromping around in the wilderness (and apparently enjoying every minute of it), made them that much more attractive to me. Suppose it's the same sort of reaction men would have to women who obviously enjoy any traditionally male sort of pasttime/recreation. Sports nut: Wait a minute...you actually LIKE to watch Monday Night Football? up.gif ATV nut: Wait a minute...you actually LIKE getting covered in mud and roaring around Reiter Road on a 4 wheeler? up.gif up.gif NWH nut: Wait a minue...you actually LIKE cross-country bushwacking/brush bashing, scrambling up exposed slopes, and skinny dipping in glacial waters? up.gif up.gif up.gif wub.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 5:17 pm 
Sounds like all that activity boosted your testosterone levels. kissass.gif

Living in the Anthropocene
Tazz

Tazz
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 6:04 pm 
lol.gif DHM! I think that guys who climb and scramble are hot hot hot! AB and I saw a few climbing up Aasgard last year and we where both slobber.gif wub.gif Yes guys, we look, drool and dream too. We are just more discrete about it. But we are watching winksmile.gif

Meander
J Prettymountain

Meander
J Prettymountain
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 6:08 pm 
Funny you say that, since that is when we are at our dirtiest with greasy hair. Pig Pen emoticon. But maybe you like it dirty wink.gif

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 6:12 pm 
Jensea wrote:
Funny you say that, since that is when we are at our dirtiest with greasy hair. Pig Pen emoticon. But maybe you like it dirty wink.gif
<grin> I'd admit that without skipping a beat. wink.gif Actually I'm amazed at how many women don't realize that you look absolutely amazing first thing in the morning. I hate it when women go scampering off to "put their face on" when truthfully, it's the natural look that gets me high. Don't get me wrong, the made up / fancy look can be nice too, but there's something inherently sexy about that natural look.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 6:27 pm 
Dayhike Mike wrote:
Actually I'm amazed at how many women don't realize that you look absolutely amazing first thing in the morning. I hate it when women go scampering off to "put their face on" when truthfully, it's the natural look that gets me high. Don't get me wrong, the made up / fancy look can be nice too, but there's something inherently sexy about that natural look.
agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif A woman is never more beautiful than when she's all tangled , sweaty, and sleepy after a good "wrestling match" I use the term JFL , for the Just " fill in the blank " Look.

Stones
funk soul brother

Stones
funk soul brother
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 6:29 pm 
The hotness factor increases proportionally with the number of days you have spent on the trail.

Let me stand next to your fire
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 6:41 pm 
Putz-in-Boots wrote:
Oh....yeah. I feel sexxxxy when I've been out in the bush for 5 days. I smell like a dog which had taken to rolling in the neighbors garbage, my hair nappier than all get out, and I'm covered in bug dope and smashed bugs, sunscreen, dirt, and my own BO. Wow guys....bring it on! Don't just look. Make a pass! up.gif
Considering I don't wear deodrant on the trail, the only guys looking me up and down must have no sense of smell lol.gif Or the wind is blowing the other way really good. LOL!

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 6:58 pm 
Man, you chicks make it sound as if being outdoors with no makeup or deodorant is new. I have a certain odeur about me after a few days, but it's just an odeur au naturale, nothing that warrants much mention. I'm not surprised when I get a second look out of a feller. But if he looks a third time, I practically faint. Usually they look, then think, "wow, I'd better investigate this a bit further" and so they turn and look again, and then they think, "aw, Hell." Then they move on.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
David

David
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 7:13 pm 
It's the sweat, plus the fact that you're willing to get sweaty. It's also I think, at least for me personally, that it's the strong willed-ness that tends to go w/ hiker girls, and guys like that. It's also the braids!

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 7:16 pm 
I actually think the real reason my husband is always "on-call" at work is so that his image of me won't be tarnished. Being a light weight wanker I consider sleeves to be kleenex, and that one pair of underwear can and should be worn for 5 days. He asks that I get home from trips before he gets home from work, so I can be all clean and shiny with shaved armpits before he gets home. And that my rank and stanky clothes are out in the garage lol.gif clown.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
trailjunky
Backcountry Bumpkin'

trailjunky
Backcountry Bumpkin'
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 7:20 pm 
There's nothing sexier than a women with a trowel, and knows how to use it. up.gif

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 8:42 pm 
Putz-in-Boots wrote:
Oh....yeah. I feel sexxxxy when I've been out in the bush for 5 days. I smell like a dog which had taken to rolling in the neighbors garbage, my hair nappier than all get out, and I'm covered in bug dope and smashed bugs, sunscreen, dirt, and my own BO.
Heh. The fact that a woman enjoys being in the mountains is a major plus as far as hotness factor is concerned. I want a woman who can kick some serious ass. The other comment about being sexy au naturel, first thing in the morning, pre-makeup, pre-morning primp, that just speaks to the fact that men don't mind the little imperfections and in fact, that natural look can be a real turn-on. No assembly required.