up.gif Nice !

Living in the Anthropocene
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
dicey
custom title

dicey
custom title
PostSun May 13, 2007 9:21 pm 
Oh fun times! Just so ya'll don't think I'm crazy, here is proof that this really is a nice place to be when you can see stuff!
bedal
bedal
Unfortunately, circumstances kept me from the summit that day, so I guess I'll have to go back for the Sloan views! doh.gif Full set can be viewed here

I'm not always sure I like being older but being less stupid has advantages. http://www.flickr.com/photos/32121172@N00/sets/
Tazz

Tazz
PostMon May 14, 2007 12:40 am 
What a tease dicey! Now I must go back for the views!! What a great trip! Thankyou to all you for making it even better! PIB you forgot Ed was on this one too... I have been getting out quite a bit lately and I love it but my ankle and body went on strike this trip. After 16,475 feet in one week eek.gif (thanks for the eye opener Gary. I had not thought of it that way). This trip I was feeling a lot of fatigue in my legs. Let alone the damn painful ankle. rant.gif We started up the climbers path at a quick pace I could not even think of keeping up with. Then we lsot the climbers path in the blow down and started some very fun bushwhacking ...I know I am weird...but I love to bushwhack. I know I will regret saying that some day. paranoid.gif embarassedlaugh.gif we found the path again and worked our way up to the snow. That is when I started to feel the fatigue and was a slug as usual. rolleyes.gif Yana stuck with me the whole time. You didn’t have too... thanks for the great company. We where only 10 -15 minutes behind anyways. With no visibility it was hard to judge how far behind we were. Around 2500 ‘ below I was like “why am I torturing myself to go sit in a whiteout.... huh.gif ! Well, the main withouts where on the open snow slopes. Once on the summit ridge and summit the rock helped with the dizzying white outs. We had Ed with us and it was awesome to leave a bit of him up there. Hope you get some great views of Sloan Ed!!! The descent was uneventful except for a few full body postholes...right Cartman....? lol.gif winksmile.gif we had some short glissades. We never lost the path on the way down which help us get out quick. Then we headed to the Mexican restaurant in Arlington for some food and drinks I have to say when I woke up in a funk today I sooo didn’t want to go, but I said I would, so felt I had to. I am sooooo glad I did! What a great group of folks!! First off I want to say it was great to meet Gary, Steve, and Melissa! I love to meet and get to know new folks!! Thanks for joining us and I hope to have future trips with ya!! agree.gif up.gif Second, It was soooo great to get out with you again NB!! I hope to have more great trips with ya!! Brian it was great to get in the alpine with ya...Hope to have more of the same! The rest of ya...well you all suck!! clown.gif winksmile.gif Love ya all!! PIB...thank-you for the happy mothers day wish! Meant a lot to me... smile.gif Oh and I got a rose for being a mom... Can’t wait to see my Josh again next weekend!! Thanks for such a great mothers day folks... OK here are some crappy pics...due to crappy weather. Dicey gave me her camera for the trip so I could get my fix...Thanks girl!!!! Can’t wait to see all the images from the others...
Yana
Yana
rockin climber chick...:)
rockin climber chick...wink.gif
Can you say WHITEOUT!?!
Can you say WHITEOUT!?!
The summit is there somewhere...hehehe
The summit is there somewhere...hehehe
Just below the summit
Just below the summit
proof
proof
love all the smiles!  Good stuff!
love all the smiles! Good stuff!
Wait! whats the deal with the purple coat!?! 
you don't fit in... :)
Wait! whats the deal with the purple coat!?! you don't fit in... wink.gif
Can you see the them? Yes they are there... hahahahaha
Can you see the them? Yes they are there... hahahahaha
red coat don't know which one it is tough...heh!
red coat don't know which one it is tough...heh!
Breaking up as we descend
Breaking up as we descend
sweet tree!!
sweet tree!!
yes there is a path..faint but it is there.
yes there is a path..faint but it is there.

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot
PostMon May 14, 2007 12:54 am 
That's a lot of red coats on the summit. Except for Putz, who is red all the way up, then turns blue on the summit. I like the "proof" picture of the snow-encrusted survey marker. Lucky you included it. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to distinguish this Sunday's trip from last Sunday at Morning Star. The view looks identical. Congratulations all twelve of you. Oh, wait, there were only eleven of you. When I was counting names, I included "meat brownies" as one of the climbers. Come to think of it, "meat brownies" could be a joint username for Yet & Mark. Anyway, impressive navigation job in the fog. I spent a delightful (not) day pressure washing a house. Occasionally, when I have to stay in town for work or family obligations, I’ve felt like I don’t even want to check the trip reports, because I don’t want to be frustrated by seeing where I wasn’t able to go that weekend. But then I read them anyway, because deeper down it’s still rewarding to know that someone somewhere is being able to enjoy the mountains today. It reminds me of all the good times I’ve had before and look forward again on similar trips. In the end, I realize that I’m a lucky man to enjoying the dual privileges of exploring a world of wonderful peaks and enjoying a lifetime of my kids growing up.

“As beacons mountains burned at evening.” J.R.R. Tolkien
EastKing
Surfing and Hiking

EastKing
Surfing and Hiking
PostMon May 14, 2007 4:37 am 
A foggy day on a mountaintop is 50 times better than a sunny day at home. That looked like a great trip. I have to try one of those brownies soon!! Great trip report and pictures. smile.gif

YouTube | SummitPost Saw the depths of despair. Now I am salvaging what time I have left on Earth.
Oren
Grampa Murphy

Oren
Grampa Murphy
PostMon May 14, 2007 5:55 am 
Ditto on the "Happy Mothers Day Tazz. Looks like fun times inspite of the weather. Too bad though because the views are suppose to be great. Glad Ed was along. Great company. Thanks guys!!! up.gif

Long since I've been amongst majestic peaks nor side mirrored lakes where awe so speaks. Blanketed valleys the dawn awakes and blinking stars to fade. My soul is called to see these things, the Hand of God has made.
GeoTom

GeoTom
PostMon May 14, 2007 7:14 am 
Mmm.. meat brownies... huh.gif Nice job all up.gif

Knows literally nothing
Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostMon May 14, 2007 11:34 am 
Pretty cool trip. You all look so happy and satisfied sitting at the restaraunt!

Tazz

Tazz
PostMon May 14, 2007 11:52 am 
yes happy and satisfied with the help of a little lime flavored drink and colored straws. Look who has the girl-y pink straw... embarassedlaugh.gif winksmile.gif Thanks Oren! Hey Ed is with Mark and will be headed your way. Your turn to spend time with your friend in the mountains again! up.gif

Gil

Gil
PostMon May 14, 2007 11:58 am 
Looks like fun!

Friends help the miles go easier. Klahini
Yet

Yet
PostMon May 14, 2007 3:57 pm 
You are (btw) welcome for the brownies, PiB! Never mind that I slaved over a hot stove all night. wink.gif

peltoms

peltoms
PostMon May 14, 2007 4:56 pm 
Nothing like a good whiteout to escape from the rest of the world. Good to see you persevere through a whiteout to the summit. Nice work all. Dicey when the generosity award.

North Cascade Glacier Climate Project: http://www.nichols.edu/departments/glacier/
Guiran

Guiran
PostMon May 14, 2007 6:32 pm 
Admin Note: The contents of this post were lost in a database crash.

naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostMon May 14, 2007 6:41 pm 
This post was lost in a database crash. [EDIT] As this post was lost in the database crash and I did not back up my text and don't exactly remember what all I said, I will say that it was a great time and here are some shots that where lost but are now refound. Yeah!
Trees Rock Snow Mist, as seen on E slope of Bedal 5.13.07.
New City Kid 5.13.07.
New City Kid 5.13.07.
Tazz Mark Steve Yana 5.13.07.
Tazz Mark Steve Yana 5.13.07.
Bedal Survey Marker 5.13.07.
Bedal Survey Marker 5.13.07.
Honoring EDD at the summit of Bedal Peak 5.13.07.
Honoring EDD at the summit of Bedal Peak 5.13.07.
Follow The Leader 5.13.07.
Follow The Leader 5.13.07.
Around Good Up & Over Bad 5.13.07.
Around Good Up & Over Bad 5.13.07.
Around Not Up & Over 5.13.07.
Around Not Up & Over 5.13.07.