Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Rocky Horror Show
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostWed Sep 17, 2003 10:24 pm 
marylou was kind enough to comp some tix for the Nav, who invited me to attend this local production (5th Ave Theatre) with him. Its a great, glitzy, feast-for-the-eyes production. It was fun even to see folks there who weren't even born yet when it first came out. No food-tossing, water-tossing at the 5th - but hollering out is still okay. Rubber gloves ok and flashlights. And confetti. Dress accordingly! It was a little unsettling to me to be drinking a cuppa joe before the show, rather than, uh....doing other things before the show like in days of yore. What was even worse was that while I was drinking the cuppa, a nagging thought went through my head; "I won't be able to sleep tonight after drinking this..." So to make up for it, I'm going to this show again, and am doing something other than drinking coffee beforehand. Its playing only until Sept 28, so plan now! Thanks, marylou! I take back everything I ever said about you.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostThu Sep 18, 2003 12:10 am 
Oh Bull! You would never take back all of that, no matter how many comps I lay in your grubby little palm. Glad you guys enjoyed the show, as is par for the course in my little show biz world, after I gave away the comps, naturally I got off at 5 from the Ballet. There are axioms in my work regarding how long you work in a day versus what you had to blow off in order to be available, and giving away a pair of tickets is part of the equation. It virtually guarantees that you won't work past dinner. If I'd planned on going, they would have worked me until ten. For what it's worth, this new production of Swan Lake ought to be worth seeing if anyone's into what they call full-length "story ballet." The music for SL is pretty tasty stuff too. That Bolshoi thing last year was Swan Lake, and I'd forgotten just how great the tunes are. up.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Captain Trips

Captain Trips
PostSat Sep 20, 2003 11:11 pm 
Mary Lou, Have you seen or heard the new play by Tony Kirschner (sp ? ) at the Intiman about Afriganistan ? Drock