Forum Index > Gear Talk > Gear Sales???
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
SeaNat

SeaNat
PostThu Oct 16, 2003 2:11 pm 
Anyone know when the Pacific Linen Garage sale will be going? And the Mountaineers gear swap? Thanks.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
JimK

JimK
PostThu Oct 16, 2003 2:38 pm 
Taken from the Mountaineers web site: The Seattle Youth Committee will be holding its Gear Grab on Thursday, October 23, from 6:30-9 p.m. at The Mountaineers Building.

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostFri Oct 17, 2003 11:09 am 
Big ski sale this weekend, 36th and Evanston. Evogear, mostly used with demo bindings, great prices if you are looking for an alpine setup. I got a pair of un-bindinged alpine skis there for my new AT setup for not a lot of dough. They have helmets, snowboard stuff, clothes etc too, but when I got there this morning the stuff was still semi-in boxes. Which was good, because then all I got was the skis. wink.gif Hours 9a-7p now through Sunday.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
SeaNat

SeaNat
PostFri Oct 17, 2003 2:10 pm 
Just got word from a friend of mine. The Pacific Linen sale is November 21 and 22. Great place to stock up on Thermarest pads for dirt cheap! I bought a 3/4 guidelite for $15 last May. Hoping to get a couple more. Thanks JimK for the info on the Mountaineers sale.

Scouter
Sandwich bagger

Scouter
Sandwich bagger
PostSun Oct 26, 2003 10:56 pm 
What is the connection between Pacific Linen and Thermarest pads? confused.gif

Each human spirit is immortal-for time cannot destroy whatever element within us reverences the glory of a dawn in the mountains. -- Dervla Murphy
marzsit
Dork

marzsit
Dork
PostSun Oct 26, 2003 11:33 pm 
it's on a need-to-know basis... smile.gif

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostMon Oct 27, 2003 8:08 am 
Wasn't the REI G sale last weekend? Okay people, what did you get?? hockeygrin.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Bob K

Bob K
PostMon Oct 27, 2003 9:59 pm 
When I went there on Sunday afternoon, it was different from past years. There weren't very many people. I was looking for a line but there wasn't one -- no one else was going in. There was no line at the cash registers either -- there were always empty ones you could walk right up to. They didn't give out numbers (although they did on Saturday), but they did ask for a $1 donation. After I got in, all I saw were just a few boxes on the floor with junky clothes and a few tables towards the back with a few shoes. The shoes at the table with my size weren't very good, but when I went to the tables where all the sizes were mixed together, I found what I was looking for. I think they were trying to get rid of stuff at the end of the sale, because everything left at the sale was 50% off the marked prices, which were already heavily discounted. I ended up buying a lot of shoes for under $60. -Teva Proton water shoes ($5) -Teva Wraptor trail running sandals ($7.50) -slightly used Salomon XP Pro trail running shoes ($5) -Pair of Timberland casual dress shoes ($3) -slightly used Columbia Titanium boots for extreme winter weather down to -25 degrees ($10) -nice pair of dressy Sandals with crisscrossed leather ($5) -Used (broken-in!) pair of very heavy Asolo cinderblocks, sometimes referred to as mountaineering boots. ($10 -- $300+ new) -Zamberlan low cut goretex hiking shoes ($10) I haven't added it up, but it feels like close to a $1000 worth of shoes. I wasn't going to buy that many, but they all just fit too well and were too comfortable to pass up for those prices.

Scouter
Sandwich bagger

Scouter
Sandwich bagger
PostTue Oct 28, 2003 11:53 pm 
Pacific Linen G Sale
Ok, Marzit. I need to know. Good enough? I'll be doing my own research, though, just to make sure.

Each human spirit is immortal-for time cannot destroy whatever element within us reverences the glory of a dawn in the mountains. -- Dervla Murphy
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostWed Oct 29, 2003 6:43 am 
Hmmmmm...what did I get? Too freaking much! Saturday: A never used 2000 year model REI Sololite tent for $6.93(new cost $119) A Kelty external for $20.00(new $75) A never worn hiking shirt for the boyfriend for $9.93 (new $45-$55) Sunday: Chaco sandals for $5.93 A OR GTX sombero for $8.83-the return excuse was that it got wet. I took it home, washed it, and resprayed with the GTX Nikwax. Works fine, now the kid has a hat! These hat cost $54 new!! The boyfriend got even more deals up.gif I don't do the big stores, I do the small ones. I will miss the Federal Way store, as they will haggle away on sundays. I was shocked that the Tukwila one did NOT put everything on 50% off on sunday though-even Lynwood does that! They wanted more for the OR hat and I stood there till the sales clerk went down-it was size small and it needed to be resprayed-the price was just too high for it's problems. A good year though!

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.