Forum Index > Gear Talk > REI Coupons
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Oct 21, 2003 2:05 pm 
Just in case anyone is interested, here are some REI.com coupons... 20% off 1 regular priced item code: FHDY3 Exp 12/24/03 10% off all regular priced items code: HVGM Exp 12/30/03 REI Outlet: 15% off highest priced item code: AFFT3 Exp 12/8/03 20% off 1 regular priced item code: REVA3 Exp 11/20/03 15% off $100+ codes: BAGSTUFF, FAABG Exp 11/20/03 (great for sale items up.gif) 10% off 1 regular priced item code: XTFWD Exp 11/3/03 20% off 1 regular priced item code: SANGRAND Exp 10/30/03 Free shipping with in store pickup. Save another 2% via ebates.com.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
frankm3

frankm3
PostTue Oct 21, 2003 3:06 pm 
Great, All I need is another excuse to spend more of my money there.... lol.gif Their products continue to impress me. They are pretty topnotch. I just got this coat there a week or two ago and wore it while I had to be outside in the pouring rain yesterday for work (yuk). I did not get wet AT ALL.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Oct 21, 2003 3:17 pm 
Who says you need to spend more money? You can always order an item that you bought at higher price, use the coupon, select free in store delivery, pick it up, and return it with the other reciept. It's the return every item "cooperative" way. biggrin.gif BTW, you can usually use these coupons in store.

frankm3

frankm3
PostTue Oct 21, 2003 3:33 pm 
Tom wrote:
Who says you need to spend more money? You can always order an item that you bought at higher price, use the coupon, select free in store delivery, pick it up, and return it with the other reciept. It's the return every item "cooperative" way. biggrin.gif
lol.gif See, that's why I hang around with you smart people! wink.gif Their return policy is amazing too. I think I have used up my 'return karma' for a while.

Bob K

Bob K
PostTue Oct 21, 2003 8:56 pm 
Do we still get a rebate if a coupon code is used?

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostTue Oct 21, 2003 9:02 pm 
Tom, you remind me of that wheeler-dealer Radar in MASH- you have a great knack for delivering the goods, man! biggrin.gif up.gif

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostTue Oct 21, 2003 11:01 pm 
Bob K wrote:
Do we still get a rebate if a coupon code is used?
Nope. Any time there's a coupon or sale, there's no rebate.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Oct 21, 2003 11:33 pm 
Yep, that's why the 15% off coupon is a good deal because you can use it on sale items which don't qualify for a dividend. With the the 2% ebate that's a 17% savings. The 10% coupon is somewhat of a wash since you'd normally get a 10% dividend, but you do get the 2% ebate and you're not paying sales tax on the 10%. OK, before you guys think I'm a total tightwad I resisted the urge tonight not to go back into Fred Meyer tonight and get back the 75 cents they overcharged me on my hot dog buns.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostTue Oct 21, 2003 11:38 pm 
I once found a pair of nylon pants with the rei tag still attached,at a garage sale.....yup I took 'em back. Guilty? not my feelings when I picked out 35$ worth of food, I felt hungry. biggrin.gif

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostWed Oct 22, 2003 1:39 am 
Tom wrote:
Yep, that's why the 15% off coupon is a good deal because you can use it on sale items which don't qualify for a dividend. With the the 2% ebate that's a 17% savings.
Well, technically, a 16.7% savings, but who's counting. moon.gif
Tom wrote:
OK, before you guys think I'm a total tightwad I resisted the urge tonight not to go back into Fred Meyer tonight and get back the 75 cents they overcharged me on my hot dog buns.
embarassedlaugh.gif Nothing wrong with being frugal. Here's my recent story o' stringent living: I ordered a 160GB hard drive from Staples.com on Thursday night...$129.94 with $30 rebate. Had a $30 off of $150 purchase coupon, and found a modem for $19.94 with $20 rebate. Total was only $149.88, so I added a box of paperclips for $0.19 to the cart. Woohoo! $150! Used my coupon. Package arrived on Monday...only had the hard drive and modem in the box. One guess where the paperclips were..."The remainder of your order has been shipped separately." (Ack...people! Just keep the damn paperclips...I was just joking!) Ended up taking the modem back to Staples and returning it for a refund...didn't have a use for it and really didn't want the hassle of the rebate. Rebate didn't cover all that sales tax, either. wink.gif Today, I got the paperclips. Shipped all the way from California via UPS. Included an invoice for $0.19 plus $0.02 tax. Free shipping. Wonder how much it cost them to ship that... Why might I consider myself a tightwad? On the way home, I seriously considered returning those paperclips as well. That's baaaad. hockeygrin.gif Edit: Oh yeah, tale of the tape...at the end of it all, I paid $108.15 for the 160GB HD and imported Californian paperclips, have a $30 rebate coming, and 2.2% cash back from FatWallet.com. Grand total of $75.77. Woohoo!

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Oct 22, 2003 11:17 pm 
I am such a wuss, I've never returned anything to REI, even when not completely satisfied! My fears are really stupid, like they might accuse me of sabotage, or look at me funny or something. Never in a million years would I damage a jacket welding or the like, and then return it. Tanja is fearless when it comes to demanding satisfaction, I should dig out a couple of reciepts and send her over there with a couple of items. My Petzl Zipka has an intermittent intermittency in the "on" switch, causing it to flicker occasionally. When my Stearns water bag developed a slow leak after two vigorous seasons of use, I went and bought a new one. I should grow a spine or get therapy or something, since they wouldn't even hassle me if I did return the items! embarassedlaugh.gif

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostWed Oct 22, 2003 11:38 pm 
Slugman wrote:
Tanja is fearless when it comes to demanding satisfaction, I should dig out a couple of reciepts and send her over there with a couple of items.
Don't even need the receipts if you're a member. They can look your original purchase up in their system and credit it back to your card in a heartbeat. No muss, no fuss...no worries at all. Costco's return policy is pretty impressive as well. I'm amazed at what I've seen people return...3 month old computers with no boxes, lamps they don't sell anymore, etc. Target can do the lookup of an item for a return without receipt, provided it was purchased in the last 90 days and you have the credit card it was purchased with. Circuit City and Sears both do no-hassle returns within 30 days. Dunno...their return policies are there for a reason. Use them unabashedly, without guilt, concern, or fear of retribution.

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostThu Oct 23, 2003 5:05 am 
I was going to return a pair of shoes to REI that I had had for about a year. Used very little as they seemed to be a bit tight and thus uncomfortable. I went in there one day and saw what had been returned. Some shoes were old and wore out. Excuse was they didn't fit. Took mine back and had a hassle free exchange for a half size larger. IMO the return policy is probably the best thing about REI. Well, they usually have a decent selection too. NN

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostThu Oct 23, 2003 11:31 am 
Say what you will about REI, but as Newt said their return policy is tops. I think trust goes both ways so we should all try to abide by the Golden Rule. I returned a pre-Switchback model REI shell in which their proprietary waterproof/breathable liner was flaking off like dandruff. This coat was at least 3 years old, probably more, and their customer service desk without hesitation gave me a full refund (they told me they had been having problems with that lining). Another time I had an issue with their repair service patching some pants and they not only fixed them at no charge but gave me another pair gratis ($50 value). The Redmond store manager came out to discuss things with me, and they sent me a letter apologizing. This was during the Dot-com boom times, too, so they weren't suffering for customers. Service like this does not go unappreciated!

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostThu Oct 23, 2003 11:40 am 
I couldn't agree with you more. I return things when they fall apart too. The people who make the stuff appreciate that too, because then they know about it. From what I know, returns from field damage (under normal use I stress) seems to be a big part of long-term testing. Stuff doesn't get field tested forever before it goes into production. Nothing wrong with the frugal thing either, FWIW.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods