Forum Index > Trail Talk > The Year 2009 in Trip Reports
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Davidą
Token Canadian

Davidą
Token Canadian
PostFri Jan 01, 2010 3:29 pm 
My annual ode to page views was particularly disheartening this year since the top half dozen reports were all negative, protracted arguments that I have no desire to rehash. Moving on.... #10 - 3005 Views - Bailey Range Traverse by Haydenslides #9 - 3016 Views - N Pickets - Furys, Luna, Challenger by Tom_Sjolseth #8 - 3026 Views - Colchuck (100/100) by Matt The following trip report was helped in no small part because it was a farce and was kept alive by faux drama - feel free to disqualify it #7 - 3157 Views - Tanks - I hope you like it by Karen˛ You may also want to disqualify the following entry because it contains a dispute about party size limits. I disqualified a trip report by Matt for this reason but unlike that earlier dispute it doesn't take over the entire thread and the discussion is more productive #6 - 3178 Views - TNAB roams Rampart Ridge by yukon222 The following trip report contains actual drama - however because the discussion is very positive it is included in the list #5 - 3412 Views - Almost bought the farm on Granite Mtn today by the Zachster Although there was an actual hike involved this report is not like the others because it is primarily about the get together. Included because it is one of the most positive events of 2009 #4 - 3666 Views - Lake Isabel clean up. Thank you Kenmore Air! by Backpacker Joe #3 - 3976 Views - "I think it'll heal..." - 5 days of lakebagging in the ALW by Tom #2 - 4016 Views - Lime Ridge High Route by Dayhike Mike Finally .... with just one picture and 7138 Views - #1

Warning! Posts may contain traces of sarcasm. Hiking Website: http://members.shaw.ca/karenanddavid/Index.htm
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostSat Jan 02, 2010 6:38 am 
David, why don't you start over? Only this time apply your editorial pen a little more vigorously, so that you include only trip reports that you don't have to qualify in any way to explain their presence in the list. Either that, or just list the top ten threads in the Trip Report forum, with or without your equivocations. As it stands, letting TAH's clever map slip through your editorial sieve to wind up at number one among supposedly legitimate trip reports is completely inconsistent. It's a fun thread, but it's not a "trip report". EDIT - As his introduction, Davidą said
Quote:
My annual ode to page views was particularly disheartening this year since the top half dozen reports were all negative, protracted arguments that I have no desire to rehash.
I don't buy that, either, David. What you've done is exclude three important TR's by Flow, all of which would still be included, if you could go through and delete the crap. You may not like what Flow has to say, or his poor grammar, but they're real reports about real trips, and they provide an amazing look at the experience and thoughts of a remarkable young man ........ not to mention the photography, which is soon going to be on a par with Karen's. Phooey! irked.gif I know it's your thread and you can write whatever you want. ......... You have.

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message