Forum Index > Trip Reports > The PCT from Chinook Pass to FS 23
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Eeyore

Eeyore
PostTue Aug 29, 2017 10:44 am 
Attached is my trip report along with some pictures from my final segment along the Pacific Crest Trail. Over the past 8 years I have walked the entire 2660 miles of the trail and this was one of my favorite stretches. I look forward to doing part of this one again. http://aclayjar.net/2017/08/the-pct-chinook-pass-to-trout-lake-the-final-chapter/

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostTue Aug 29, 2017 1:06 pm 
I really enjoyed reading your report, seeing the photos and descriptions of the scenery.
Eeyore wrote:
Over the past 8 years I have walked the entire 2660 miles of the trail and this was one of my favorite stretches.
That's quite an accomplishment--keeping that momentum going. I should think it would take a lot of planning and coordination of support doing it over such a long haul. A lot happens in 8 years. ~z

Eeyore

Eeyore
PostTue Aug 29, 2017 2:52 pm 
zephyr wrote:
That's quite an accomplishment--keeping that momentum going. I should think it would take a lot of planning and coordination of support doing it over such a long haul. A lot happens in 8 years. ~z
Thanks. I owe a lot to my loving wife who was willing to travel with me and provide support. Don't think I could have done it without her efforts. The advantage of doing it in sections is that you can travel each section at an optimal time, so that definitely helped.

bkellygr

bkellygr
PostThu Sep 07, 2017 7:10 pm 
Thanks for sharing. I just finished Trout Lake to White Pass on Tuesday. It was supposed to be my halfway point but the fires stopped me there. You gave good write-up. The lava spring water where we camped was freezing. I have a better appreciation for Adams after that trip. Seeing it up close is so much better than from afar. You described the Goat Rocks trail well. A little frightening in ways but amazing to experience and to see in person. There was a ton of people from the south side of Goat Rocks to Sheep Lake this holiday weekend. One person said there was 30-40 people swimming in the lake Saturday night. Them and thru-hikers said it was like spring break. Congrats on finishing the trail!

Eeyore

Eeyore
PostThu Sep 07, 2017 9:23 pm 
Thanks. It is a special stretch of trail, and the one I am most likely to repeat. Especially since it is not to far from home. While there were several others camped at Sheep Lake with me, I only saw one other person venture into the lake. I thought it was great.

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012
PostFri Sep 08, 2017 10:28 am 
Hi Ed, It's Bouncer, we meet at the N Fork Quinault crossing last month. Congratulations on finishing the PCT!

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostFri Sep 08, 2017 11:11 am 
Great TR, looks like you had an wonderful hike!

Eeyore

Eeyore
PostFri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm 
Trailhead wrote:
Congratulations on finishing the PCT!
Hi Bouncer. Thanks. Hope your trip out was uneventful and you connected with your ride.

Eeyore

Eeyore
PostFri Sep 08, 2017 4:44 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
Great TR, looks like you had an wonderful hike!
Thanks. It was a great hike. Will look to do at least a part of this trip again.