Forum Index > Trail Talk > lack of respect for rules in wilderness areas.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostFri Dec 08, 2023 4:18 pm 
Logbear wrote:
Is it OK if the drone video was made by a Friends of Three Fingers Lookout volunteer? https://www.reddit.com/r/Mountaineering/comments/xpopdk/volunteering_on_one_of_washingtons_most_scenic/?rdt=50543
Looks handheld to me.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin

philfort
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostFri Dec 08, 2023 4:20 pm 
Pilchuck is actually on State land and drone usage OUTSIDE of Wilderness is not (generally) a problem.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Dec 09, 2023 12:25 am 
@ idoru - I'm not clear on what it is you're trying to say, but if it's that I use too many words, that's just my way. I love the English language - with all of its quirky nuances - and I endeavor to avail myself to each and every one as often as possible. During the last week alone, I had reason to use "mote" in a sentence. As if that weren't good enough, in an effort to try to identify a fellow collector's newly-found treasure, I had cause to use the word "whiffletree" in a sentence. I have no objection, therefore, to using more words. I will, however, use those words I choose to use. Special requests for certain words are laughingly dismissed out of hand. Carry on.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."

Joseph, graywolf  Chief Joseph
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Dec 09, 2023 12:29 am 
I'm not sure if I should be troubled or just amused that a discussion thread about a YouTube video shot at a mountain location would devolve into another "nwhikers pile-on" caused by a simple statement made by me. If y'all have some objection to my words, the ignore button is RIGHT THERE FOR YOU. Methinks thou doth complain too much. and yeah... Y'all ... as in....

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."

MultiUser, graywolf
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostSat Dec 09, 2023 4:41 am 
I just say HEY YOU. I don't say anyone's names because I greatly prefer to hold power over people by not bothering to use tgheir name.

Ski
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Dec 09, 2023 6:10 am 
^ that'll learn 'em!

Lazyhiker

Lazyhiker
PostSat Dec 09, 2023 7:07 pm 
Ski wrote:
@ idoru - I'm not clear on what it is you're trying to say, but if it's that I use too many words, that's just my way. I love the English language - with all of its quirky nuances - and I endeavor to avail myself to each and every one as often as possible. During the last week alone, I had reason to use "mote" in a sentence. As if that weren't good enough, in an effort to try to identify a fellow collector's newly-found treasure, I had cause to use the word "whiffletree" in a sentence. I have no objection, therefore, to using more words. I will, however, use those words I choose to use. Special requests for certain words are laughingly dismissed out of hand. Carry on.
You should try and work pedantry into one of your posts

Ski
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Dec 10, 2023 8:15 am 
^ Following your suggestion, sir, I shall endeavor to do better next time.

ale_capone

ale_capone
PostSun Dec 10, 2023 9:44 am 
I'm so glad I read this. I'm doing a masonry restoration project inside the Eddie Bauer design building in SODO. I can't wait to go to work tomorrow and tell the guys, "we can't have one mote of dust outside our containment area".

Shred
Joseph
Joseph

Joseph
Joseph
PostSun Dec 17, 2023 12:16 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
Stefan wrote:
I am thinking of using "US/WE" as my pronoun for others to speak to address me as. I wonder what the thought process will be for the other person.....
They'll understand you're a bigot and a troll.
A bigot and troll for using the language based on reality and not fantasy? LOL. I'd like you use Japanese pronouns for me, because I identify as native Japanese. If you don't, you're just a bigot.

MultiUser  Chief Joseph  Ski
Lazyhiker

Lazyhiker
PostSun Dec 17, 2023 6:06 pm 
Joseph wrote:
A bigot and troll for using the language based on reality and not fantasy? LOL. I'd like you use Japanese pronouns for me, because I identify as native Japanese. If you don't, you're just a bigot.
I don’t think Japanese uses gender pronouns

timberghost

timberghost
PostSun Dec 17, 2023 6:55 pm 
Joseph wrote:
Cyclopath wrote:
Stefan wrote:
I am thinking of using "US/WE" as my pronoun for others to speak to address me as. I wonder what the thought process will be for the other person.....
Hold it last week you identified as a tree. You didn't say bonsai tree.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Dec 18, 2023 2:52 pm 
Lazyhiker wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_pronouns

Joseph
Stefan

Stefan
PostThu Dec 21, 2023 4:06 pm 
timberghost wrote:
Joseph wrote:
Cyclopath wrote:
Stefan wrote:
Hold it last week you identified as a tree. You didn't say bonsai tree.
We (I) hope you identify as a Larch Bonsai Tree! Then again, we (I) am told, we (I) am a bigot!

Art is an adventure.

Joseph
Joseph
Joseph

Joseph
Joseph
PostSat Dec 23, 2023 10:08 am 
Lazyhiker wrote:
Joseph wrote:
They do: かれ、かのじょ  (kare, kanojo - he/ she)