Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > What music have you been listening to today?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
markh752
Snoozing on a rock!

markh752
Snoozing on a rock!
PostSun Nov 17, 2013 8:05 pm 
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
markh752
Snoozing on a rock!

markh752
Snoozing on a rock!
PostSun Nov 17, 2013 9:13 pm 
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostFri Nov 29, 2013 7:49 pm 
Broken Bells, with James Mercer of The Shins, up.gif has an upcoming release, "After the Disco", with even an accompanying sci-fi video story (Chap. 1 and 2 so far…search away). Anyway, love the dreamy quality I have heard and a catchy tune with suggestions of another group from a few decades ago. uhh.gif Holding On For Life

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
mgd

mgd
PostSat Nov 30, 2013 1:37 pm 
Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostSat Nov 30, 2013 1:56 pm 
mgd, you should pop open an MGD and take this quiz. I got 104. Top Classical Composers (some are decomposing)

mgd

mgd
PostSat Nov 30, 2013 4:31 pm 
Riverside, I took the quiz and got a score of 65 which is a huge embarrassment, given the large readership of this thread. In fact I thought about delaying this post and listening to Classic King FM for a day or two so I could improve my score, and possibly get 105 or higher, but I do not have time to do this as right now I am on cue for creating my audition tape for which I hope to rack up a scholarship to the fastidious Billiard School of Music in New York, which you have undoubtedly heard of, and for which many felt I am qualified, and I must practice and record, practice and record.... drink.gif

half fast

half fast
PostSat Nov 30, 2013 7:11 pm 
Pandora radios' "Celtic" selection.... up.gif up.gif fiddle, pipes, button box, concertina, drum and a whole lot more. Awesome hard driving jigs and reels played by just as awesome musicians/bands biggrin.gif !!

It's all about the fun, oh and maybe the chocolate - half fast
touron

touron
PostSun Dec 15, 2013 8:50 pm 

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
touron

touron
PostSun Dec 22, 2013 11:47 am 

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
touron

touron
PostFri Dec 27, 2013 2:52 pm 

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostSun Dec 29, 2013 10:35 am 
Way cool
Temi Dollface - Pata Pata from james slater on Vimeo.

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
RichP

RichP
PostWed Jan 01, 2014 3:34 pm 
Good old Spirit.

hiker1

hiker1
PostThu Jan 16, 2014 3:51 pm 
Laurel DR 01, one of my favorite ambient tunes.

falling leaves / hide the path / so quietly ~John Bailey, "Autumn," a haiku year, 2001, as posted on oldgreypoet.com
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Jan 25, 2014 3:28 pm 
actually not today... the performance was on the 17th. Mayuko Kamio - Tchaikovsky - Violin Concerto in D Op. 35 encore: Mayuko Kamio - Paganini - Capriccio No. 24 - my note to Melissa Bargreen: Melissa Bargreen Seattle Times re: "Tchaikfest" at Benaroya (01/17/14) I grew up listening to the vinyl recordings of Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto by Isaac Stern and Zino Francescatti. Later on I stumbled upon the recordings of Perlman, Grumiaux, Oistrakh (David AND Igor), Heifetz, and others. Twenty-odd years ago I sat in the front row and listened to Ilkka Talvi massacre the concerto, and then a week later from the third row watched a young girl ace it, backed up by the Seattle Youth Symphony. After over five decades I consider myself fairly familiar with the work, and aware and appreciative of the subtle nuances of different soloists. We sat in the sixth row last night at Benaroya Hall. I'd seen Eugene Onegin at the Opera House years ago, and was familiar with the first work. With the exception of Rachmaninoff's Second, most piano concertos put me to sleep. But I'll be honest: I didn't go to watch piano players. I was there for the fiddle music. That little girl did an astounding job. My eyes were wet before the end of the first movement. When she cocked her toe up about halfway through the third movement it was obvious she truly understood the meaning of "Allegro vivacissimo". The four standing ovations were well deserved. Just to make sure we all understood we were listening to a world-class virtuoso, she further wowed us with an encore of Paganini's Capriccio #24. Just an old curmudgeon who is not easily impressed.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostSun Feb 02, 2014 9:52 am 
up.gif Essential Metallica playlist cranking through my Cerwin Vegas. The damn house is moving.

Living in the Anthropocene